The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to shortly release Rs 100 note in lavender features. After demonetization in 2016 November, the Government of India has not introduced Rs 100 denomination note yet. New notes of Rs 500, Rs 2000, Rs 200, Rs 50, and Rs 10 were released. While the RBI has today released the specimen of Rs 100 denomination with lavender color.
RBI To Issue New Rs 100 Note In Lavender Features
The new violet note is a part of the changed design series presented after demonetization in November 2016. The most recent variation includes Gujarat’s ‘Rani Ki Vav’ (queen’s stepwell) alongside the Swachh Bharat logo and trademark on its reserve. Gandhi ji’s position continues as before.
“The base colour of the note is lavender. The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall color scheme, both at the obverse and reverse. Dimension of the banknote will be 66 mm x 142 mm,” the RBI said in a statement.
All the Rs. 100 notes issued by the Reserve Bank in the prior series will keep on being legal tender, the RBI said. The new note is marginally smaller than the current one and larger than the Rs. 10 note. Once the new notes arrive, the banks may need to again recalibrate the ATMs to oblige the new notes, after settings must be changed to administer new notes of Rs. 2,000, 500 and 200 notes in 2016.
In 2014, UNESCO had perceived Gujarat’s ‘Rani-ki-Vav’, the eleventh-century wonder in Patan, as a World Heritage Site. It will make a fabulous presentation on this new Rs. 100 note.
The 200-rupee note with a base shade of brilliant yellow bears the theme of Sanchi Stupa. The chocolate dark colored Rs. 10 note has Konark Sun Temple on the other side. The fluorescent blue Rs. 50 notes highlight Stone Chariot in Hampi, a different universe legacy site perceived by UNESCO.
Rs 100 New Note Features & How It Looks Like
- Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (100) watermarks
- Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the center
- Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right
- See-through register with denominational numeral 100
- Latent image with denominational numeral 100
- Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait
- Number panel with numerals in ascending font on the top left side and bottom right side
- The motif of Rani Ki Vav
- Swachh Bharat logo with a slogan
- Year of printing of the note on the left
- Language panel