Indian Institute of Technology Madras which is popularly known as IIT Madras is one among the foremost institutes of national importance in higher technological education. The institution has come up with the new idea where it can share its knowledge to the entire crowd via online course. IIT madras is now active in online courses and is ready to teach that how to design Mobile Apps through an eight-week online app development course. Day by day mobile technology is improving drastically and the one who is looking to build an application for mobile can now find a platform to learn about the Mobile app development through a course which is designed by IIT Madras and the interesting part of this course is it’s for free of cost through NPTEL. No matter who are eligible, everyone who are interested in learning and knowing more about the Mobile Application Development can take this course which is an eight-week online app development course.
Online Mobile app development course for free by IIT Madras
IIT Madras and Hasura offering this Mobile App development as free with the help of Introduction to Modern Application Development (IMAD), they provide this as a free Massive Open Online Course (MOOC), a core technology start-up. As of now the registrations are opened in its official website http://www.imad.tech/ and the course will be started from July 24th 2017. IIT madras have few advanced research centers in various disciplines of engineering and pure sciences, with nearly 100 laboratories organized in a unique pattern of functioning. A faculty of international repute, a brilliant student community, excellent technical & supporting staff and an effective administration have all contributed to the pre-eminent status of IIT Madras and it is a residential institute with nearly 460 faculty, 4500 students and 1250 administrative.
ABOUT THE COURSE:
IMAD, India’s largest MOOC, is back and it’s bigger and better than before. This course will cover the basics of the Internet, building a web application, databases, performance and security, and building a mobile application. In addition, the course will have an extensive set of Practical Tutorials which will help students get a feel for real-world development. IMAD offers opportunities for internships at Hasura for the course toppers, thus helping the best students hone their application development skills in the real world. Technology companies like Amazon, Flipkart, Ola, PayTM, e-commerce companies, etcetera and also start-ups, where technology platforms are used to offer services will recognize this certification.
The course is completely for free of cost but for the one to be certified they have to pay the optional fee and also the exam time and date is scheduled in prior. Certification exam will be on 24 Sep 2017 in two shifts on the same day and the one who wants to take this certification test can attend for any one of the shift timings as per their convince, Shift 1 starts and ends at 9 AM-12 Noon where Shift 2 starts and ends at 2 PM-5 PM. More details will be available when the exam registration form is published.
Candidate need to learn the basics of computer programming. If candidate is new to programming, then the below are adequate background for this course. They can also be used to brush up your skills, if you have learnt programming a while ago then try to brush up this contents.
2) Intro to JS: Drawing & Animation
If one has certified in this course they might have more possibilities and opportunities in the outside industry to get a job where few companies that will recognize this online course
Details about CERTIFICATE:
- Final score will be calculated as : 25% assignment score + 75% final exam score
- 25% assignment score is calculated as 25% of the sum of all 8 assignment scores.
- E-certificate will be given to those who are registered and take the exam and score greater than or equal to 40% final score. Certificate will contain the details of your name, photograph and the score in the final exam with the breakup.
- It will be e-verifiable at ac.in/noc with the logos of NPTEL, IIT Madras and Hasura.
The course curriculum will include:
The course content will be covered in 8 weeks. Each week of theoretical lectures will be followed by a practical, hands-on tutorial covering the concepts discussed in the previous week. These lectures will consist of programming experiments and assignments which will help the student gain a practical understanding of the ideas discussed before. The topics covered over the 8 weeks will be –
- Introduction to the Internet and its common network protocols.
- Build a complete web application.
- Learn the how and why of modelling data for the application using databases.
- Learn about performance and how to ensure security for an application.
- Learn how to build your own mobile application.
- Every year, India produces lakhs of engineers who aspire to enter the tech industry.
Steps for registration:
- Visit the official portal http://www.imad.tech/
- Click on Register Now
- In the new opened tab click on ‘JOIN’ which will be in the bottom of the page
- Enter the email id and fill the required details in the next page.
- You’ll get a welcome message with few details refer the above image.