UGC NET 2018 online registration process was started today, 1st September. Candidates seeking to apply for UGC NET (Union Grants Commission National Eligibility Test) examination before the last date 30th September. National Testing Academy (NTA) is going to conduct the UGC NET examination this year. Applicants can enroll for the UGC NET through NTA official portal, nta.ac.in. Hopefuls can check other important details such as UGC NET eligibility criteria, exam dates, syllabus, examination pattern and other details from the following article.
UGC NET Online Application Form 2018, New Exam Pattern, Syllabus
National Testing Academy is going to conduct the UGC NET examination from 9th December to 23rd December. Aspirants seeking to become Assistant Professor/Junior Research Fellow can apply for UGC NET examination in the month of September. Candidates can apply for Assistant Professor or JRF /both.
The UGC NET Examination will be held twice in a year. After the December examination, the NTA is going to conduct the NET examination in July 2019. The other examinations, CMAT/GPAT, JEE will also be conducted twice in a year while the NEET examination will be held only once in a year.
UGC NET 2018: Eligibility criteria
Candidates need to obtain at least 55 percent marks in master’s degree or equivalent examination from a recognized universities/ institutions.
A relaxation of five percent will be provided to OBC, Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Persons with Disability (PWD) category and transgender candidates who have secured at least 50 percent marks (without rounding off) in master’s degree or equivalent examination.
Those who are pursuing their master’s (final year) can also apply. Such candidates must complete their master’s degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of the mark.
Junior Research Fellowship (JRF):
The upper age limit for appearing in JRF has been raised by two years, i.e. from the existing upper age limit of 28 years to 30 years (the relaxation as earlier will remain same).
Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit.
Age limit increased: The age limit has been raised by 2 years. Earlier, the upper age limit for appearing for JRF was 28 years, but now, it has been increased to 30 years.
UGC NET 2018: Application Fee
- General category have to submit an application fee of Rs 1,000
- Reserve category candidates (OBC) have to submit an application fee of Rs 500
- While Rs 250 for SC/ ST/ PWD/ transgender candidates.
UGC NET 2018: New exam pattern
UGC NET Paper 1:
- The test will be of 100 marks and will contain 50 objective type compulsory questions.
- Each question will carry 2 marks and will be of general nature and will test the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate.
- The duration of the same will be one hour (9:30 am to 10:30 am).
UGC NET Paper 2:
- The test will be of 100 marks and will contain 100 objective type compulsory questions.
- Each question will carry 2 marks and will be based on the subject opted by the candidate.
- The duration of the same will be two hours (11 am to 1 pm).
UGC NET 2018: Important dates
|Commencement of online application process||September 1, 2018|
|Last Date To Apply||30th September 2018|
|Exam dates||December 9 to 23, 2018|
|Result||January 10, 2019.|